2013年6月3日星期一

Player's Gallery of RS

I have to observe the Player's Gallery decision with a critical eye. While each piece is truly genuine and fantastic, respective to the artists, I cannot say that the first place piece, Praise the Sun! is a ''captivating illustration.'' It's a digital painting , and the style is abstract, similar to impressionism, but the strokes are smudged, bold and lacking detail. To me, this work has the feel of a digital sketch, not a complete work cheap runescape gold, especially when you compare it to Beyond the Horizon.

The colors may not be particularly vibrant, but the strokes were well blended and there is a tremendous amount of detail. Beyond the Horizon is beyond captivating, it is spell-binding, alluring, breath-taking. I am utterly shocked that Beyond the Horizon was not even considered for a runner-up. It paid the most attention to detail, shading, blending and you can see that the artist spent hours working on that project, whereas Praise the Sun looks like it took no more than two hours, and it  buy runescape gold certainly has potential for a captivating piece, it is really just a sketch.

I could go into more about each piece, but I think I've made my point. I really do not see how, or who, could choose a sketch over a complete artwork. I mean no disrespect to the artist, but I am an art critic, and one of the most essential aspects of a great artist is to be able to take feedback and use it, and I am not being so critical of the artists as I am of the rs money Jagex team members who choose the artwork. While I'm certainly no maestro artist, you do not have to be a published author to review a book, and in the same sense, I do not have to be Monet to critique art.

Again, I mean no disrespect to artists or Jagex developers, but I really think they should reconsider how they choose the winning artists. Perhaps the Player's Gallery can decide via a player poll and let the players choose.

没有评论:

发表评论