2019年6月20日星期四

Butcher paper is perfect for smoked brisket

I bought a roll of brown butcher paper a few weeks back and just used it this past Labor Day for the first time, it is fantastic stuff! I will be buying more in the future and have already passed on the info to friends and family about this product. Can't wait to use it again for my next cook!

The butcher paper helped me make the most beautiful smoked brisket I have ever made. I have long heard of the praises of butcher paper but was always too cheap to spend $20 on a roll. Not only will this roll handle many dozen 20 pound briskets,  after my purchase I have used this product first on chicken to check a idea I had. It worked well. Then of course, to wrap a beef brisket with the results being very good indeed. Definitely the way to go rather than using foil.which I tried once with mixed feelings. Adds far to much heat to the finished brisket. It just makes the brisket that much better. I am absolutely sold.Won’t make brisket again without it. Thanks Tenderlicious!!! Best smoked brisket ever!


I used the brown butcher paper to wrap smoked brisket for at least 4 hours and this butcher paper becomes crispier and sturdier as it comes in contact with fat and low heat. Other products start dissolving so one would have to use more butcher paper or worse stick to the food being smoked. This is an excellent product. Better than any butcher paper that I used in the past.

Last month, my husband uses this when he cooks outdoors. He cooked a brisket which he had wrapped in this paper and was very pleased with how it turned out. Very sturdy paper but lets the smoke penetrate. 

My husband and I have discovered the YUM of smoked brisket. We have a masterbuilt electric smoker and have been using aluminum foil to finish the brisket post stall temperature. We enjoy the brisket this way, but were missing the firm bark--the foil softens any bark that once existed. We smoked a brisket to finish without wrapping and obtained the dark bark, but the brisket was not as juicy. We bought this butcher paper to try and we were able to maintain BOTH a dry, dark bark and very moist inside of the brisket. We smoke the brisket at 210-225 through the stall period (internal temp around 165-170 degrees). Then wrap the brisket tight in this paper until cooked at internal temp of 195 degrees. This paper allows the brisket to "breathe" without releasing all the juices, but maintain a crusty, dark bark. Let sit in paper for an hour, then open and serve.

没有评论:

发表评论