2019年8月1日星期四

YRYM HT butcher wrapping paper is heavy duty than foil

I just recently learned about butcher wrapping paper and was told this is the way to go. True to form, works like a champ delivering as promised. Sure beat aluminum foil.The butcher paper is good quality. The paper was delivered when it said it would be delivered. What I didn't realize is that I would receive a E-Book on backyard BBQ. That was an unexpected plus. The link was in an email that the seller sent. So this was a good experience. Now I can hardly wait to get busy with the book and the butcher paper. 

With a Brisket in Texas, I like to get to the stall, that’s enough smoke and bark, then I wrap in butcher wrapping Paper (just like Franklin’s BBQ). Brisket is wide, so word to the wise, you need two pieces the same length, so it’s wide enough. Wrap and put back on the smoker and get to 200-204 degrees. I like it better than the “Texas Crutch” foil wrap, it tends to soften the outside bark, this paper doesn’t do that. Works like I hoped it would. Learning from champion food smokers. They said you have to have some of this paper to help ensure a successful smoking experience. I briefly smoked a ham using this paper it seemed to flavor the meat better than alum foil. I have read great reviews on using this paper over alum.
I'm going to smoke a brisket here in the coming weeks .

I'm pretty sure heavy duty foil is a thing of the past for grilling. Made 3 racks of St. L ribs for the family and wrapped one in the paper and 2 in foil for a trial run. Preferred the paper, so it will now become part of the process!  I have been BBQ'ing the last 10 years. Never used butcher paper roll before. Used it for the first time on brisket. Results where great - bark, smoke ring, moisture. Just be sure not to overwrap. Don't want to steam (typical). Typically twice around will work. It came right on time. This is not an easy product for us to find where we live. Used it for wrapping a brisket on the smoker. Worked great. Nice size roll. Use this paper when grilling and it works really well. Doesn’t burn. And the service was great. Arrived quickly and well packaged.

The YRYM HT butcher wrapping paper was my first time at smoking brisket so I thought I would try using butcher paper. I am pleased to say it arrived quickly and was well packaged. Well, as it turned out I didn't use it for smoking this time...I smoked it bare. Perhaps I would have given it 5 stars if I had used it but decided not to this time. However, after looking around before purchase, it seems that it was a great price. Although I didn't use it to smoke the brisket I did use it to wrap some pieces in after they were done (I had four slabs that finished in different times). The paper absorbed the grease as the brisket rested which implies to me that if used for smoking, it would allow the smoke to penetrate to get the full benefit of the smoke.

没有评论:

发表评论